Guide on how to install Android P on Pixel devices:
Google has outed its first developer preview 1 (DP1) of Android P for the pixel devices. Since It’s not been a year, Google started working on Android P and also released their first DP1. So, those who are using Pixel device can experience Android P by flashing the smartphone. In this guide, I will help you installing Android P on your phone.
Still, the Android P is in the beta program; It may damage your phone with some small issues. So, I recommend not to try unless or until you’re a huge Android lover like me. There are a lot more features, and support has arrived with the DP1 package, and still, the process is under construction and not a complete build Stock Firmware. But, You can try some of the features like Notch support, Improvements in design, new navigation addon, etc. in the DP1 itself.
So, What are you waiting for?
Eligible devices to install Android P (DP1): –
Here is the list of devices which are eligible to install Android P Developer preview 1 (DP1)
- Google Pixel/Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2/Pixel XL 2
[su_note note_color=”#7fde86″]Even the small mistake in flashing can brick your device. So, If you dare to face it. Then, go ahead or else just know how to flash.[/su_note]
Prerequisites to Install Android P on eligible devices: –
- The device should have 70% + battery (Recommended)
- The device should maintain atleast 2GB of internal storage.
- You should have ADB tool installed on your Windows Computer.
Guide on how to install Android P (DP1): –
- At the very first step, Download the Android 9.0 Firmware which is given to your device.
- Then, Turn ON your PC and Select both the ADB tool and downloaded Firmware image and extract both files into a single folder.
- Now, Turn OFF your Pixel device and again Turn ON the device by pressing Volume Down + Power Key at the same time. This process will take you to the bootloader mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via USB
- Now, You have to open the folder where all the files are saved. Then, use Shift + Right click and select Command prompt and Run it.
- Now, Execute the following command in the Command Prompt
[su_note note_color=”#66fff1″]fastboot OEM unlock[/su_note]
8. Now, Look at your device. It will ask permission to unlock the bootloader. Use volume buttons to navigate up and down and use Power key to select the option.
9. Now, you’re done unlocking the bootloader. All your saved data will be erased.
10. Again connect the pixel device to the PC via USB. Then, Run the flash-all batch file and wait for 5 minutes. It will install the Android 9.0 Firmware on your device.
11. Now you’re done flashing the Android P.
This is how we can flash the device and install Android P on the smartphone. However, I will not recommend you to install this if you’re flashing for the first time and another reason is; It is still in the construction mode. So, Installing this firmware may cause a sudden crash of apps and many more. Also, You can wait up to the beta release of Android 9.0 which will be available in the form of OTA (Over -the -Air) later this year. I hope, this article helped you on how to install Android P. If you have any queries regarding the installation do let me know in the comment section below.