Guide to install Android P Developer Preview 2 on OnePlus 6: –
So, Do you want to install the Android P Developer Preview 2 on your OP 6 device? Then, You have reached the right place; Here I have given the complete guide installing the DP 2 on your device. As we already knew that, Google had released the latest version of Android (i.e. Android P) to the pixel and nexus users. Also, We have seen how to install DP 1 on Pixel devices. The Android 9.0 (Android P) has got leaked on the web. So, The OnePlus company decided to release the Developer Preview 2 to the users officially.
The Developer Preview 2 has brought some improvements to the OnePlus 6 device like Face Unlock issue (fixed), App Compatibility issue (fixed), and the camera issue(Fixed). I hope this time, The camera of the OnePlus 6 won’t crash while taking the continuous shots. I know, you guys are very curious to try out the Developer Preview 2, The installation is not so tough, and you can face some more bugs in this DP 2 firmware, as it is still in the Developer mode (beta) and not the fully furnished firmware.
It’s your job to decide whether to install the Developer Preview 2 or not and My post is to guide you how to install DP 2 on your device. So, Before proceeding to the primary guide, you need to follow some Pre-requisites.
So, Let’s check them out.
Pre-requisites before Installing Android P Developer Preview 2 on OnePlus 6: –
- Your device should have at least 80% of the battery to avoid the accidental shut down during DP 2 installation.
- Take the complete backup of your device so that you won’t lose any of your important files. Take a backup in an External SD card or the Cloud storage apps
- Make sure you have enough space to download the firmware. Required Space: 2GB
Download the Android P Developer Preview 2 Firmware for OnePlus 6: –
[su_button url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=746163614322273159″ target=”blank” style=”ghost” background=”#004dcf” color=”#ca2323″ size=”5″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: download” icon_color=”#030000″ rel=”nofollow” title=”Android P DP2″]Download DP2 Firmware[/su_button]
Guide to Install Android P Developer Preview 2 on OnePlus 6: –
- Download the Android P DP 2 firmware from the given link above.
- Once downloaded the file, Copy it to the internal storage and paste it in the Root directory.
- Now, Go to Settings >> System Update >> select the top right corner icon >> Local Upgrade >> Tap on Update file >> Select Install Now
- Your device will take few minutes to complete the installation. In the meantime, Take a cup of coffee or water and relax.
- Also, Do Not Power OFF the OnePlus device while installation is on the way.
- After the successful installation, You need to make Factory Reset of your device. To do so,
- Turn OFF the device, Now, Turn ON the device by pressing Power button + Volume Down button simultaneously, and your device will get into the Recovery mode.
- Now, You have to select Wipe data/Factory Reset option. Use Volume up and down to scroll and power key to select the option.
- After selecting the option, Select “Yes” to continue,
- Now, Tap on “Reboot System” and Restart your device.
- Enjoy!! using Android P DP 2
Final verdict: –
I hope this guide helped you installing Android P Developer Preview 2 on your device. If you face any problem while installing or you have any doubts, please do let me know in the comment section below. I will be there to help you. Also, Please do share this article with your friends and let them know if they are looking to install Android P DP 2 on their device.
Related posts: –
- How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6
- How to Get Android P Markup ScreenShot Editor on Any Android Device