Guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
So, Do you want to install custom TWRP Recovery and want to root your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ device? Then. Here is the detailed guide for you, I have compressed this guide for you to give you a short and simple guide. The guide provided below for rooting and installing TWRP Recovery are tested with Galaxy S9 device, and so you can trust this guide and proceed forward. Also, I recommend you not to skip any single step in order to complete the work safely.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ come with 5.8 inches, and 6.2 inches super AMOLED 2960 x 1440 Quad HD display, where the S9 has 570PPI (Pixel Per Inch) and the S9 Plus has 529 PPI. The both S9 and S9 plus holds 64-bit Octa-core Exynos 9810 processor globally and the U.S variant sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. The S9 variant has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal storage, and S9+ has 6GB of RAM, and 64GB Storage and both variants are expandable up to 400GB externally in terms of storage. The battery capacity of S9 is 3000mAh where the S9 Plus carries 3500 mAh, and both the batteries are Non-Removable.
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
- 2 Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
- 3 Final Verdict: –
Pre-requisites Before Rooting and Installing TWRP Recovery on S9 | S9+: –
- The device should have at least 75% of battery.
- Take a complete backup of your Galaxy S9 device into your External SD Card or store it in a Cloud Storage apps
- You should have the Samsung drivers installed on your PC before proceeding to the next step: Download Samsung drivers
- Download latest version of Odin from here on your Windows PC: Download Odin
- Download DM Verity Disabler: Click Here
- OEM Unlock Fix: Click Here
- Get ElementalX: Here
- Get SuperSU SR5: Get it from Here
Note: – Transfer OEM Unlock file, Elemental X, SuperSU, DM Verity Disabler to your device.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
Download TWRP Recovery Image Files for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
Note: – This TWRP Recovery guide is only for the Models which are listed below. If your device model number is not on the list, then don’t follow this guide. Also, I will not be responsible if anything goes wrong because of your carelessness. Remember that, Rooting your device may void your Warranty and you will not get any future OTA updates.
To check your Model no, Please Go to your Phone settings >> About Phone >> Check it!
- For Samsung Galaxy S9, Model no: SM-G960F/FD/N/X – Code name (Starlte)
- For Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, Model no: SM-G965F/FD/N/X – Code name (Star2lte)
Download the TWRP Recovery file from the given link,
- Samsung Galaxy S9 TWRP File Download: Click Here
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus TWRP File Download: Click Here
Follow the remaining steps to complete the installation of TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy S9 and S9+ : –
- Download all the packages from the given link above
- Then, Open the Odin.exe file on your computer.
- Now, Go to Settings >> Developer options >> Enable OEM Unlocking
- Now, Connect your device to the PC and Check the Odin Software. It shows “Added” message
- Click on AP and load the TWRP downloaded file according to your device.
- Now, Click on Start button and wait for few minutes.
- You will get a successful message.
- Now, It’s time to reboot your device into TWRP Mode, To do so, follow the below steps
How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus into TWRP Recovery Mode: –
To boot your Galaxy device into TWRP Custom Recovery mode. Follow the steps below
- Turn OFF the device and wait for 10 seconds. Now, Again Turn ON the device by pressing Power Key + Bixby + Volume Down Key simultaneously. Once you see the logo, Press Volume UP Key and you’re now welcomed to TWRP Recovery Home Page.
At this time, you will face a lot more issues on your device. So, To avoid it, Please finish the below process
- Make sure that you’re in TWRP mode.
- Now, Click on Install and select OEM Unlock File and Swipe right to continue.
- After installation, Come back to the TWRP main page and again Tap on Install and Select DM Verity Disabler and install it by swiping.
- Now, You’re done and ready to root your device
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: –
- Boot your device into TWRP mode by following the above steps.
- Now, Tap on Wipe Option and select Format Data and then swipe right to continue
- Now, Come back to the homepage and Click on Reboot >> Recovery
- Make sure you have ElementalX and SuperSU SR5 files in your Samsung device to install the root package. (The download links are given already, please check it properly)
- After Transferring the files to your device,
- Click on Install and Select the ElementalX file and Swipe to complete the installation process.
- Now, Again Tap on Install and this time you need to Select a SuperSU-SR5 file and swipe to continue.
- Now, Reboot your device, and you’re done rooting your device.
Final Verdict: –
I have shorted the guide as much as possible. If you feel hard to install at any point, then please do let me know in the comment section below. Also, If any of your friends or relatives are searching for Rooting or Install TWRP Recovery on their S9/S9+, please share this guide with them, I Hope you liked the article on guide to install TWRP recovery and Root Galaxy S9 and S9 plus.