Guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi K20 Pro: –
So, Do you want to install TWRP recovery and root redmi k20 pro? Then, you’re in the right place. Today we will discuss how to install the TWRP custom recovery in your Redmi K20 pro and root it. I suggest you not to skip any of the steps which are discussed below. Before proceeding to the further steps, let’s see the overview of the Redmi K20 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080x2340P protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. This K20 pro is available in two variants, one with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage and another variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. The device sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC processor and running on the latest version of Android 10.
Talking about the camera, The K20 Pro sports 48MP Primary camera, 13MP ultra-wide angle sensor, an 8MP telephoto sensor. The front camera sports 20MP, which is sufficient to take excellent group selfies. The redmi K20 Pro comes with a 4000mAh battery, which gives 1 day-long battery life on continuous usage.
Now, We will discuss the installation of TWRP recovery and the rooting process of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
[su_note note_color=”#feefb3″ text_color=”#9f6000″]We, Androidstrike, won’t be responsible for any of the damage caused by the users. We first verify and publish the rooting process. Also, Rooting may void the warranty. [/su_note]
Pre-requisites to be followed before installing TWRP recovery and Rooting Redmi K20 pro: –
- Make sure your device has at least 80% of battery power to avoid accidental shutdowns.
- Take a complete backup of your essential files in some free cloud storage apps or External storage.
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or MAC PC
- Download the TWRP recovery file from here.
- Download the Magisk latest version zip file.
Before installing the TWRP recovery, your device must be bootloader unlocked. If you haven’t unlocked it yet, make sure to unlock the bootloader now.
How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi K20 Pro: –
- First of all, Download the ADB fastboot on your PC and unzip the folder.
- Now, Open the unzipped ADB folder and paste the downloaded TWRP recovery file.
- Rename the TWRP Recovery file as “twrp.img“. (Important step)
- Now, Open the Command Prompt (terminal) by clicking Shift Key + Mouse Right-click. (Refer the image below)
- Now, Connect your Redmi K20 Pro to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- Now, Enter the following commands in the Command terminal.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, Enter the below command to flash the TWRP Recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Then, Reboot the device using the below command.
- Once done, You can see your device is getting rebooted. And, You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi K2o Pro / Xiaomi 9T Pro
Also, Read How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2
Now, It’s time to root your device.
I have given the Magisk latest version .zip file. Download it from the above link and store that Magisk file in your device’s internal storage.
Rooting the Redmi K20 Pro:
- Now, Turn Off your device and Turn ON again by pressing Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously to boot into bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Now, You can see the TWRP recovery dashboard with various options.
- Now, Click on the “Install” option and select the downloaded “Magisk Zip file” from your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, select the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option and wait for a few minutes. It may take some time to install the magisk package.
- Once done, Tap on the “Reboot” button, and you can see the Magisk apk installed on your device.
Final Words: –
I hope this guide helped you to install TWRP recovery and root your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro device. If you face any trouble while rooting the device, do let me know in the comment section below. I will reply as soon as I see your comment. If it helped you, Do share this article with your friends and social media. Till then, Good-Bye 🙂
Recommended to read: –
- How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 [Step-by-step] Guide
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6 Pro
- How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 SE