Guide to unlock the bootloader of xiaomi redmi note 8: –
Hey guys, Welcome back to the site. I am posting this guide after a long time. Most of the users requested to post daily tutorials on rooting and tips and tricks to get updated on new things daily related to Android. Suppose if you’re new to this site. Subscribe to the email newsletter or else join our Telegram channel where you can get instant notification when we publish new articles here.
So, Are you looking for the guide which exactly tells you how to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro phone? Then. You’re in the right place. Today, We are going to discuss the exact and proven method to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro devices. Before heading towards the guide, I recommend you not to skip any of the steps which are given below.
Since both Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro devices have the same procedure to Unlock the bootloader, I am publishing this single article. Both Redmi Note 8, as well as Note 8 Pro users, can follow the same method and procedure to unlock the bootloader of their devices.
Note: – We, Androidstrike are not responsible for any of the damage caused by the users. Here, We post proven and tested guides.
Once the bootloader is unlocked, You can install Custom Recovery like TWRP and CyanogenMod. Even to root your redmi device, the primary process should be unlocking the bootloader and installing Custom Recovery. In this guide, We will discuss how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro. In the upcoming articles, I will publish how to install Custom Recovery and Root your xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device.
Before going to the guide, You need some basic requirements to start the bootloader unlocking process.
Pre-requisites to Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro: –
Here are a few requirements that should be noted.
- Make sure you already have a Mi account. If you don’t have one, sign up now and create an account. [Important step]
- Your device should have at least 80% of the battery to avoid accidental shutdown’s during the process.
- Make sure you’ve taken the complete measures to back up your data. Unlocking the bootloader will erase all your data on the smartphone.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool in your Windows PC + an active internet connection.
- Download the latest version of Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
Warning; – Unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data in your device. So, Always take a complete back up of your device in some cloud storage apps or external SD card.
How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro: –
- First of all, You have to enable OEM debugging/Unlocking mode on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device. If you haven’t done before, Follow the steps below.
- → Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Tap on MiUi version option 7-10 times.
- → Come back to settings >> Additional Settings >> Developer options >> Enable OEM Unlocking.
- → In Developer Options,>> Tap on Mi Unlock Status >> Agree and add your Mi Account and device.
- In this step, You have to switch off your Redmi Note 8 device.
- Now, Turn on the device by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously to boot into bootloader / fastboot mode. You can see the screen displaying fastboot.
- Then, Plug your phone to your PC/laptop using a USB cable.
- Now, Download the ADB and fastboot installer file on your Windows PC. Follow the steps properly and install it.
- Once done, Download the Mi Unlock file from here and unzip it.
- Now, Open the Unzipped folder, and run Miflash_unlock.exe file as administrator and sign in to your Mi account.
- Once sign-in is successful, You can able to see the status of your device as “Phone connected,” and an unlock button at the bottom.
- Click on the Unlock button and select unlock anyway and wait for few minutes. The process may consume some time to complete.
- Once the process is done, Reboot your device. After that, You’re ready to go.
Note: – The device unlock time will be between 3-15 days. Once the device is unlocked, you will be notified.
I hope this article helped you to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi redmi Note 8/Note 8 Pro device. If you have any doubts, just leave your query in the comment section below. I am always there to help you. In future articles, We discuss how to install Custom recovery and Rooting. Until then, Good-Bye 🙂