Update and install android 8.0 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus: –
Are you looking to install latest Android Oreo on Moto G4 Plus? Then, Here is the quick guide to update your device to Oreo. Recently, Moto reveals the list of smartphones which will be upgrading to Android Oreo soon this year. But, In that list, Moto G4 Plus does not appear. While announcing the Moto G4 and the G4 Plus devices. Motorola promised the users That G4 and G4 Plus would be upgraded to Android oreo after the release. But, Moto failed to keep its promise. Most of the G4 Plus users started shouting at Moto. However, After all, the buzzing, Motorola added the Moto G4 plus in the list in its blog post. But, No news or words about G4 and G4 play.
Due to the technical issue. Moto G4 plus will not get the update soon. Still, Most of the G4 Plus users are waiting to taste the oreo’s sweetness. So, Today we are going to take a look at the Guide on “How to Install and Update Moto G4 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo.”
Moto G4 Plus comes with 5.5inch IPS display with 401 PPI (Pixel Per Inch). It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa-core Processor and 4GB of RAM. Also, It carries 32GB of Internal storage and Expandable up to 128GB using External Micro SD card. The Rear camera has a 16MP shooter and 5MP front selfie camera. Currently, The device is running on Android 7.0 Nougat. Now, We are going to discuss how to upgrade it to Version 8.0 Oreo.
Also Read: – How To Root Moto E3 And Install TWRP Recovery
Easy Way To Update and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus: –
In this quick guide, We will show you how to upgrade your Moto G4 Plus to Android Oreo using Custom ROM. So, you need Custom Recovery Installed on your Phone. Anyhow, Moto will release the official update of Android Oreo on G4 Plus device soon. So, those who want to taste the Oreo before the official update on your device. Follow the steps below
prerequisite before you install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Plus: –
- Your device should have 70%+ battery to avoid unnecessary problems.
- The given ROM is only for G4 plus device. So, Use or flash it on other devices.
- Your device should have Custom Recovery Installed. (TWRP or CWM Recovery Mode)
- Make sure you have enough Internal Storage (Maximum 4GB required)
How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Moto G4 Plus: –
- Download ADB and fastboot for windows and Install it on your computer and make it as a separate folder.
- Download TWRP Recovery Image File and save it in the same folder.
- Now, Turn OFF your Moto G4 Plus device.
- Then, Connect the device to PC using USB cable.
- Then, Make sure you have kept both the downloaded files in the same folder.
- Now, Go to Bootloader/Fastboot Mode. To do so, Press Volume UP + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously hold it for few seconds. Then, you can see the bootloader mode.
- Now, Go to the folder where you have saved all the downloaded files. Then, Press Shift Key + Right Mouse click Simultaneously. There you can see command window.
- Type the following code in the Command Prompt and Hit Enter.
[su_note]fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-athene.img[/su_note]
9. Now, Turn OFF the device and Press Volume down + Power Key to Enter into Recovery Mode
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM For Moto G4 Plus device: –
[su_button url=”https://goo.gl/dSr1XH” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#ef2d30″ size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”20″ icon=”icon: download” rel=”nofollow” title=”Download Moto G4 Plus Oreo ROM”]Download Oreo ROM For G4 Plus[/su_button]
How to Install and Update Moto G4 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo: –
- At first, Download the Custom ROM (Lineage OS 15) on your Phone.
- Now, Move the Custom ROM to External SD card.
- Then, Rename the Lineage OS 15.zip into Update.zip
- Turn OFF the Device
- Press Volume Down + Power Key to boot into TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Then, Select Wipe Dalvik cache and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then, Come back and Select Install option.
- Now, Choose the Custom ROM from SD card (Downloaded Lineage OS 15)
- Swipe to continue the installation.
- Wait for few minutes and Reboot the device.
- Enjoy!! You have successfully installed and updated the Moto G4 Plus to Android Oreo.
Final Verdict: –
So, I hope this Guide helped you to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus. If you have any doubt regarding ROM installation. Then, Let me know in the comment section. We will try to answer as soon as possible.